Thursday, May 15, 2014

Headed out from Indy to Tennessee in 24 hours - so of course the ABS system on the BMW decides this would be a great time to take a shit. Warnings lights flashing, etc. Nice.

So I get up early (even earlier than usual, Mark) and drag the BMW down to my shop and get it up on the rack...


This year BMW has an electronic servo assisted ABS brake system. BMW's answer to a problem that never existed. The main component of the system is a modulator that costs right around $3,600 or so to replace. I'm praying that the problem isn't that.

Bleeding the system down so I can take it apart and see what's up inside....

I had to walk away for a few minutes to let the desire to just light it on fire abate.  I'll get back at it in a few.

If the repair fails, then looks like I'm riding the Duc all week. My back will love that.


More later.........

No comments:

Post a Comment